Day Trip Outfit

penny lane jacket
penny lane jacket

Day tripping


Jacket - Vintage
Top - American Apparel (similar)
Jeans - Dr Denim via ASOS
Shoes - Dr Martens
Sunglasses - Primark
Photos by Suki Deen

First and foremost, I'd like to apologise for being a little MIA. I have coursework and a dissertation deadline coming up, followed by my very final exams, so I'm working on not having a small breakdown. Perhaps a post on how to deal with school related stress is in order? 

Anyway, these photos were taken from a recent spontaneous trip that my friends and I took to good old Blackpool. If you're from the north west, chances are you've been to Blackpool: trashy, drab, somewhat depressing, yet completely self-aware and marvellously so. When we arrived it was so foggy that you couldn't see the sea from the pier, or the tower even when standing at the foot of it. I wandered around singing Everyday Is Like Sunday ('this is the coastal town that they forgot to close down') and we went for a little flutter with the 2p machines at Coral Island, followed by a round or two of dance mat and Guitar Hero (both of which I'm absolutely great at, I might add). The fog eventually cleared up and Blackpool actually looked extremely pretty in spite of itself. I took a whole bunch of photos on my 35mm camera too, but I've been lazy with getting them developed. Follow me on Instagram and/or Tumblr if you'd like to see them when I do visit a photo counter!

So this perhaps isn't your typical day-at-the-beach outfit, but this is the north of England after all. The 'centrepiece' is obviously this incredible vintage jacket. I wanted a jacket version of the ~~Penny Lane coat, I stumbled across this on eBay, and the rest is history. I wore it over a really simple outfit: a black roll neck, high waist skinny jeans, and my Docs with some cute white socks. 

penny lane jacket

Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Lookbook | Tumblr | Depop | Pinterest


penny lane jacket
penny lane jacket
penny lane jacket
blackpool postcard
penny lane jacket
penny lane jacket
penny lane jacket

Labels: , , ,